Can you plagiarize a theme? I read so many blogs that include a Friday Favorites theme, but I always have fun reading those posts and want to participate! So, if I’m breaking blogger code, please tell me. I don’t want to be kicked out of the club on day two…even if I did invite myself.
Anyway, here are some fun tidbits from this past week that are making me smile.
- Surprise Date Night…with a side of Bleu Cheese!
Friday’s are date nights at the White house, and my sweet hubby planned a surprise for me last week! He took me to my favorite restaurant, even though he doesn’t like it, and we shared one of my all-time favorite appetizers. They serve their spiral potato chips with crumbled blue cheese and their house bleu cheese dressing on top, and man oh man is it delicious. We had so much fun that night, but that’s typical on date night….and every night for that matter. What can I say? He’s my best friend!
- The Office Finale – “NOOOOOOOO!!!!”
Ok, yes, I know The Office ended back in 2013, but we didn’t get around to watching it until a few months ago. After some serious binge watching (no judgement here, folks) we finally finished. Even though the show suffered big time after Steve Carell left, it still left me in tears during the final few episodes. I mean, how can you not love Jim and Pam? So, so good.
- Well Hello There Old Friend
Fall. Is. Here. Even though temperatures are still reaching the low 80s on most days, the mornings are cool and crisp, and it’s obvious that true fall weather is on its way! I love this season for so many reasons but here are some big ones:
- Cardigans. Scarves. Cardigans. Boots. Cardigans. Enough said.
- October is my Birthday month! Hubs always makes a big deal for my birthday, and I can’t help but be all giddy about it.
- The leaves are changing! We live in the mountains, and there is just nothing better in my opinion than mountain views in the fall. I start paying really close attention right about now because the leaves seem to change overnight, and I don’t want to miss it!
Plans for this weekend include another date night and a birthday lunch for my mom and me. Let the festivities begin!
Feel free to share some of your favorite things lately! Let me know that I’m not the only one who gets irrationally attached to fictional characters…